Learn More About Digital Defense Safety Tips to Avoid Identity Theft, Fraud, and much more!
What to Expect From Wymar FCU
Wymar FCU will never call, email or otherwise contact you and ask for your Online Banking user name, password, or other Online Banking credentials.
Wymar FCU will never contact you and ask for your full credit or debit card number or PIN.
Wymar FCU will never ask via email or text for your personal information, such as your Social Security number, card numbers, PINs or passwords.
Wymar FCU does not conduct financial transactions via email. If you receive such a request via email or text, please do not respond or click on any links within it.
Tips for Protecting your Online Accounts
- Set good passwords. A good password is a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and special characters. Avoid anything that can be easily guessed and try to change your passwords frequently. Do not choose an Online Banking password that is the same as your email or social media passwords. Never write your password down or share it with others.
- Don’t reveal personal information via email or text. Emails and text messages can be masked to look like they are coming from a trusted sender when they are actually from someone else.
- Do not click on unsolicited links in emails. Opening unknown files attached to emails can be dangerous especially when they are from someone you do not know as they can allow harmful malware or viruses to be downloaded onto your computer. Make sure you have a good antivirus program on your computer that is up-to-date. Always double check the email address even if it is tied to a name you are familiar with.
- Web sites are not always what they seem. Be aware that if you navigate to a Web site from a link you don’t type, you may end up at a site that looks like the correct one, when in fact it’s not. Take time to verify that the Web page you are visiting matches exactly with the URL that you would expect.
- Monitor account activity. Monitor your account activity regularly either online or by reviewing your monthly statements and report any unauthorized transactions right away. Always contact the credit union by phone at 225-673-7191 if you feel your personal information has been compromised.
Online SecurityTo protect the information you provide us online, we use multiple levels of security. The application information we accept online and our Online Banking service relies on industry standard “Secure Sockets Layer” (SSL) encryption to secure your transaction information and communication. When you visit our website, you can access site information, without revealing your personal identity. However, in order to help us identify you for future site visits, we use “cookies” to track your visit. A “cookie” is a piece of information that our web server stores on your computer hard drive and retrieves later. The cookie will not request, require or collect personal identity information and you remain anonymous. Your member information is not accessed by or stored within a cookie in any way.
Email SecurityWymar FCU does not consider email to be a secure form of communication for sensitive information. Please do not email personal or account information to the credit union. If you need specific account assistance, please call us at 225-673-7191 as our staff stands ready to assist.